In my Authentic Leader Q&A video series, I offer dozens of videos in which I answer a variety of questions from website owners and online marketers about how to improve their websites and marketing efforts.
The subjects range from email marketing to content marketing; from creating and hosting webinars to blog writing; from growing an online business to staying motivated and in love with your online business.
Some of the most important Q&A videos I offer have to do with email marketing: where to start, how to build a mailing list, how often to get in touch with your list, and what to include in an email campaign.
Today though, I’d like to share the reasons WHY you should use email marketing, as well as WHY email marketing works for so many businesses – and WHY it can work for yours.
Why you should use email marketing
Simply put, you should use email marketing because… wait for it… it WORKS!
It doesn’t happen overnight. It requires planning and execution; and you need to develop a message – BUT – when done properly, email marketing may become the most effective strategy you use to promote your business and close sales.
How do we know this? Beyond personal experience, the email marketing company AWeber Communications offers a yearly review of the effectiveness of email marketing and this is a sample of their findings:
- Return on Investment (ROI) for email marketing averages about $40 per every $1 invested.
- Some 77% of consumers prefer permission-based email promotions, while only 6% prefer social media promotions.
- A large majority of marketing companies’ worldwide plan to increase their investment in email marketing – because it works for them.
Obviously, these companies would not use email marketing if it cost them money without providing a return. This also means that you don’t have to research the effectiveness of using email as part of your marketing strategy. That work has been done for you!
All you need to do is figure out your target market, build a list, and begin to structure your message. This is exactly how I help my clients.
If you need help identifying the smartest way to build an email list for your industry (without spending a TON of time and money to do so), or need help crafting your best emails, then I’ll invite you to a complimentary 45-min call with me to give you direct support.
No, this isn’t a high-pressure sales call (I don’t do business that way). Instead, it’s just my way of “giving back” and offering value so you can succeed. That’s my deepest source of passion and joy as a coach.
Why email marketing works
Why does email marketing work?
- It allows you to target your message (which creates a deep connection and impact with your readers)
- It promotes direct sales and calls-to-action
- It is an opportunity where you have the full attention of the reader (unlike a social media post where you compete with thousands of other posts in a distracting environment)
- It builds relationships, loyalty, and trust between you and your target audience
- It can be used to generate sales and immediate income
Still not convinced?
OK, why don’t you try this… Take a moment to remember what you did when you first turned on your computer this morning. (I mean, after you brewed and poured that first cup of coffee, of course.)
If you’re like me, the first thing you did was check your email account. The emails that interested you this morning, and every morning, were in your Inbox, where only emails from trusted sources are allowed to come through.
THAT is why email marketing works – because you TRUST the person or business that sends it to you.
There is SO much more I can share with you about “how” to implement email marketing to get the best return for your time… so from here you have two options.
- Sign up for my email list (top right sidebar, blue box) and you can see how I structure MY emails, how I connect, how I sell, how I get results.
- Get in touch with me today and apply for that 45-minute free strategy session. Then, I’ll get to work on your behalf, supporting you and your efforts in every way I can!