Everywhere I turn I’m seeing people ask questions, post articles and shares images for the new Facebook Timeline for pages coming March 30th. The new Timeline look was introduced to personal profiles as early as last Fall for those that accessed the Developer App. Now, Facebook Timeline will be revealed on March 30th and we have just a couple of weeks to prepare.
What does the new Timeline look like?
What is the greatest addition for Facebook pages?
The Facebook Cover is by far the greatest because we now have an 815px X 310px header that sits at the top of our page which we can use to further our brand messaging!
Important! There are some critical points of information to note about the Timeline for Pages. Some include:
- Facebook no longer allows you to set a default landing tab for your business page.
- Your Facebook Cover can not be a space to promote any call to action (including your URL or free product offer – don’t worry, our covers will still promote you and your brand in a very effective way).
- Between milestone images, your apps bar and offer ads, businesses will have much more freedom to effectively promote their products and services (yay!). See the resources links below to read up on these additions.
I encourage you to take a half hour and fully read up on the do’s and dont’s for this exciting new change. If you’d like to get a head start and get my help in setting up your new Facebook Timeline for your company page you can view our social branding packages or contact me for support.
Resources to Read:
- The Complete Guide to Setting Up the New Facebook Page Design
- Interactive Course on Facebook Timleline for Pages
- Facebook Timeline Complete Guide