Branding your Facebook page is one of the most important things you can do as an online business owner and this news is spreading like wildfire. With over 850 million Facebook users and many with fan pages, this is a critical social media site to brand.
I want to show you a few examples of what you *could* do with your Facebook profile picture. I’d say less than 1/4 of the pages have really utilized the 200px X 600px space they’ve been given. Most have a small logo or medium sized headshot. If your personal profile page is showcasing your business, and you have NOT yet upgraded to the NEW Facebook Timeline, why not use your profile image to tell people more about you and your brand messaging?
See below for a few examples I’ve personally designed showcasing effective ways the profile picture space was used:
CLICK on each thumbnail to zoom
You’ll definitely see a wide variety of Facebook Fan Page profile images above and that’s not a bad thing. Your profile image should reflect you (and what you do!).
What are a few things you could consider adding to your profile picture?
- Your logo
- Your photo
- URLs to websites or other social profile pages
- Let your visitors know how you want them to take action, ie. “Sign up for…”, “Don’t forget to…”
- A short testimonial that says it all
- A bullet list of services you provide
- Contact information!!
- A catchy headline that explains why you are different and great
- Images of books you’ve published
- A list of titles you hold
Keep in mind too, that when you create your profile picture for Facebook, it should absolutely reflect the quality of your business.
I look forward to connecting with you today!
– 1st Order Before & After –