I recently attended Brendon Burchard’s Experts Academy and wow, wow, wow. I’ll admit I walked in and thought it would just be a nice way to just get an update on my industry news. Not only did I walk out with that, but I walked away with some pretty great contacts and my heart wide open.
Sometimes we get so focused on “how do I get more traffic”, “how do I make the most out of social media”, or “how do I make more money online”, that we forget the very most important key to success online: Giving.
When your ideal customer goes online, they pull up Google in search for an answer. They don’t want to be forced into jumping through hoops on your website to get the answer. They aren’t even ready to engage with you. All they want is the answer and secretly they want to get inspired to be a part of something bigger.
Today I wanted to give back and give you some bulleted key points that really impacted me during this Experts Academy 4-day awesome event. Some are things I just needed a simple reminder of – maybe you do too:
- When walking clients through a process or how-to, don’t teach to the lowest common denominator. Raise expectations and challenge your audience.
- Be what you speak fully.
- A power plant doesn’t have energy, it generates energy. If you think you don’t have time to create a product in the next 30 or 60 days, you’re nuts. Generate the energy your business (and the world) needs to get your message out there as quickly aand fully as possible.
- Be strategic about everything in your business. From how you create content, to branding, to reaching out and gaining promotional partners. Strategy is everything.
- Brendon has read a book a week for 15 years! Oh man, I need to read much, much more.
- Listen to the questions your audience has. That’s what you create a product around.
- Entrepreneurs get so easily distracted. We’re creators and so always have new ideas of new projects to pursue. The average entrepreneur will only work at their business concept for 3-10 months before starting to give up on it. Decide what ONE thing you want to pursue and go get it. Dedicate 18 months to the project, build it strategically and you will be amazed at what unfolds for your life.
- The #1 thing your clients pay for is your perspective.
- Let your audience feel how much you appreciate them in each touch point – blog post, email blast, product, etc.
- Avoidance is the best strategy to long-term suffering.
And those 10 points are just what I got out of Day One! If you have the resources to go to a Brendon Burchard event, you are NUTS not to take action and go. I can tell you I already signed up to attend his High Performance Academy in November. Maybe you’ll join me?
As always, I plan to practice what I preach. So look forward to more giving, more challenging and more love from me.
My CHALLENGE for you today is:
Think of someone you really admire, respect and trust. This someone should light a fire under you and remind you of your greatness. Then, commit to that mentor and learn everything you can from them. Interview that person, read all their books, watch all their online videos – fully learn who they are and what they teach. Allow that to challenge you personally. Challenge yourself to be that great. But for today, just pick the person you want to study.
Last, I would like to invite you to ask me some questions. I was just at one of the greatest seminars on the planet – what is your burning question and I’ll tell you what I think based on the amazing tips and training I was lucky enough to just receive. Thank you in advance for your decision to take action: