This is a guest article by #1 bestselling author, film producer, screenwriter, attorney and owner of her own production company – the lovely and talented Beth Rosen:
The best way to reach a large number of people and get your message across on the internet today is through video but not just any video. It must be a video that captures and keeps your audienceʼs attention.
Video is considered by Google as a higher form of engagement than a simple blog or article and ranks higher in the ratings. Therefore you have a better shot at reaching more people if you do a video rather than a simple article. And the more people that watch your video, the higher you will rank on Google and the more likelihood people who are searching in your niche market will see a link to your video and watch it.
6 Key Elements of a Viral Video
So how do you make your video go viral so you rank as high as possible on Google?
- Keep your video short and to the point.
- Keep it simple and entertaining.
- State the problem in your niche market you are going to help them solve right up front in the beginning of the video.
- Give them useful information so that you move them from a place of no or little knowledge to a place of educated knowledge that puts them ahead in their industry.
- Choose a title with key words – ones that captures your niche marketʼs attention and offers a solution to their problem.
- Create a coordinated attack with link bait so that you rank on the ﬁrst page of Google within 24 hours of posting your video.
Youʼre probably wondering what a coordinated attack is. Itʼs when you post your video on as many social networking sites as possible and get large numbers of people to link back to your video and share it all on the same day. The way to do that is to create link bait, something that causes people to click on your link to watch and share your video.
7 Steps to Create a Coordinated Attack
- Post your Video on YouTube and other social networking videos sites such as Vimeo. (make sure your youtube channel is professionally branded to get that traffic back to your website!)
- Post it on Blog sites, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
- Put a Call to Action in it asking people if they liked the video or found it useful to please share it with others.
- Email it to your mailing list and ask them to share it with others.
- Do online press releases with a link to your video.
- Contact as many people as possible, especially people who have large email mailing lists and social networking audiences to post, email and blog about your video as well.
- Offer link bait, such as an ethical bribe offering more knowledge, a free gift, or a chance to win a contest in order to get them to link back to your website and share your video.
When Google sees a large number of people linking to a video within a 24 hour period, it views that as a high form of engagement and moves the video quickly up in rankings.
Beth Rosen is a ﬁlm producer, #1 best selling author and business entrepreneur who offers various products, services, courses and private coaching designed to accelerate your path to success and happiness. She is currently offering a unique online movie-making course called The Back Door to Hollywood which teaches you how to make a professional movie/video, how to stand out from the crowd and how to create your own lucky break. For more information, please visit www.BethRosen.com.
If you thought this tip was helpful, please help me share it on your favorite social network by using the share buttons below! Thank you for your support!
Did this blog post help? Get more FREE business building tips: